Saturday, June 16, 2012

Crooked House

by Agatha Christi

It has been years since I've read Agatha Christi. When I was in high school, I went through a phase of reading the Hercule Poirot mysteries and must have liked them because I read most of them. I selected this book to meet the criteria for that criminal plot challenge.... I haven't forgotten it.

Crooked House is very much in keeping with what I remember of those others, very succinct and straightforward. In this book the abundant dialogue almost gives the feeling of reading a play. Ms. Christie identified this book as one of her favorites, which gave it the edge over some others I considered. The premise is three generations of one eccentric family living together in one house, the grandfather is poisoned and everyone is a suspect.

As far as mysteries go, not much; as far as novels go, ditto.

No comments:

Post a Comment