Monday, July 28, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

by John Green

I never planned to read this book, I knew what it was going to be and knew it wouldn't be for me.  I only went against my instinct after reading my friend's blog post (you weren't the last person on the planet to read it) who claimed, "it is worth neglecting your children, taking a sick day or faking a migraine" to read it. I am glad that she liked it so much.

Although it wasn't my favorite, it certainly got lots of people reading!  There are over 27,500 reviews on Amazon and over 80% of them are 5-star. I like seeing and knowing people are reading! I'm kind of a dork that way. Last Sunday, I got into a book discussion with a nine year old and I was so excited to talk books with someone! That is one thing I miss about book club, even after all these years.

The Fault in Our Stars is a teen version of Love Story. 
The End.

1 comment:

  1. Yep. That about sums it up.
    After that book I told myself, "NO MORE YOUNG ADULT FICTION." We'll see if I can resist getting caught up in the hype of the next one....

    ReplyDelete