Monday, November 23, 2015

Reading List

Yes, I'm still reading, but failing to post, which seems to be the story of my blogging life! So, here is a list of the rest of the books I've read so far. I will spend the last weeks of this year reviewing some of my favorites since there is no way I can get to all of them. If there are any on the list that you would particularly like to hear about let me know.

The Wife, the Maid and the Mistress by Ariel Lawhon
The Tenth Gift by Jane Johnson
Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson (I liked Hundred-Year-Old Man better)
Hamlet by William Shakespeare
The Woods by Harlan Coben
The Four Ms Bradwells by Meg Waite Clayton (not her best)
The Killer Next Door by Alex Marwood (too gross and disturbing to finish)
The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo
After Acts by Brian Litfin
Inside the O'Brien's by Lisa Genova (unlikable characters but interesting information on Huntington's Disease)
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving (audiobook- previous review)
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
The Glass Sentence by SE Grove
The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
The Martian by Andy Weir
A Royal Pain  by Rhys Bowen (lost all the fun of the first book)
A Land More Kind than Home by Wiley Cash
The Dead Duke, His Secret Wife and the Missing Corpse by Piu Marie Eatwell (great title, very dry retelling of facts)
The Accidental Empress by Allison Pataki (seemed like I'd read this before- story of "Sisi" empress of Austria)
The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde (like Thursday Next series better)
Rose Madder by Stephen King (a reread)
Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King (oddly similar character in Rose Madder- but you know what I think of SK)
My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugoni

In January I accepted a challenge to read 50 books this year, I'm at 47 now so I may beat that number.




No comments:

Post a Comment